Home Character Bios Important Happenings Tessa's Blog Taylor's Blog Emily's Blog Image Map

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Part 33 by Taylor

Kyrian went back to meet up with Tomas. "It's a shame about Laurel," he said, wiping his brow. "Yes, it is," Kyrian agreed. Suddenly, she had an idea. "Hey! I bet that Mintara can do something for her arm!" Tomas's face lit up. "Yeah!" he said enthusiastically. They both stared at each other. "Nuh-uh, no way! I'm not going to ask her!" Tomas said, holding up his hands. "Now Tomas," Kyrian began in her sweetest tone. "No! She hates me!" Tomas yelled. Kyrian sighed and gave him a look. "Fine, I'll go then," she said. "Good," Tomas breathed a sigh of relief. Kyrian turned at the door with her parting word, "Chicken."

Kyrian went to find Mintara, which proved to be no easy task. She searched the city thoroughly, but no sign of the wizard. She finally found her and Emerion on top of a high, grassy hill overlooking the city. Kyrian crept up quietly with an almost supernatural stealth that came from her elven ancestry. To her surprise, Mintara and Emerion seemed to be playing around and having fun. Mintara sat down on the grass and turned her face away from Emerion. The unicorn came up from behind and grabbed a bit of Mintara's hair, playfully pulling it. Mintara ignored him apparently, then suddenly lunged for the animal. Emerion squealed and jumped away, but not before Mintara launched herself onto his back. He bucked and plunged, then both fell in a heap. They untangled themselves and Emerion lay on his side, Mintara peacefully leaning up against his silken hide. Kyrian, not wanting to disturb the tranquil scene and bring Mintara's wrath upon her, crept back down the hill.

She came up again, and called, "Mintara!" The wizard's head jerked around, and they both scrambled to their feet. "What do you want?" Mintara questioned in her usual manner. Kyrian told her about Laurel's arm, watching Mintara's eyes turn dark with fury at Landlion. "What an idiot!" Mintara exploded. "Doesn't anyone care that I need my necklace!? What's wrong with these stupid people?!" she yelled to the sky. She heard Kyrian smother a giggle, and she turned around with a slight smile. Kyrian decided to ask a question. "Mintara, why are you so mean to everyone?" Kyrian blurted out. To her surprise, Mintara didn't even get mad. "Well, I'm just so much smarter than these people, and stupid people frustrate me." To Kyrian's shock, Mintara actually cracked a smile! Kyrian grinned broadly. Mintara looked at her with a hint of fondness in her eyes. "You know, you're not too bad," Mintara said, standing up to mount Emerion. "For a silly girl." Mintara rode down the side of the hill. Kyrian was too shocked to respond. Had Mintara really just said something sorta nice to her?

As soon as she recovered, Kyrian ran down the mountainside to find Tomas. "Tomas, guess what!" she shouted. "What?!" Tomas said, expecting a big surprise. A huge grin covered his face at Kyrian's excitement. "Mintara hates you and everyone else, but she kinda likes me! Well, at least she can stand me." Tomas's face fell. "Oh, that's wonderful." he said sarcastically. "A cranky old wizard finally said something nice. Hoorah." He started to move away. Kyrian grabbed his arm and swung him around. "Hey, considering that the cranky old wizard is soon to become one of the most powerful beings in the universe, I would say that it is a good thing to get on her good side," Kyrian said. Then, as an afterthought, "And I feel sorry for those who are on her bad side." She shook her head sadly at him, as if she was sad about his inevitable fate; and she was rewarded by a look of fear on Tomas's face. He walked away and Kyrian laughed out loud. Guys were so dumb.

6 comments:

Emily Ann said...

*laughs* That was great Taylor!!!

Do you mind if I ever use that line about being smarter than every one and being frusterated by stupid people? JK.

I'll brain storm in my sleep tonight and get to work tomorrow morning.

In Christ,
Emily

Pink Panther said...

Lol Thanks Emily! No, I don't mind if you use that line, I use it all the time! =D Can't wait to read your part!

Tessa Voccola said...

I am cracking up! I like it! hahahahahahahahaha...that was fast Taylor....

Pink Panther said...

Yeah, well, I got home from church and saw that my email was full of new comments on the new parts, so I got right to work! =D

Pink Panther said...

Oh, you know what? I totally forgot about Cerelda and Goricnal! I try to at least mention them every now and then. Shoot. Well, Tessa, you must at least mention Cerelda and Goricnal! lol =D

Emily Ann said...

I totally forgot about them! I'll try to fit them into my part... *brain storms*

In Christ,
Emily